Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

30 week appointment

Today I went in for my 30 week check up. The Dr's office called me this morning and said that Dr. Bailey would like me to come early for a sonogram. This had us a little concerned because I didn't think I'd be having anymore sonograms, and we were wondering why they wanted to schedule one at the last minute. It turns out she still wants to monitor the fibroid I've got to make sure it doesn't continue to grow (and it looks fine). Brent got to come up and met me for the sonogram, and I'm so glad he got to be there! It was a really neat sonogram - I think it was the best one so far. Since he's bigger now (approximately 3 lbs 5 oz!) its easier to tell exactly what we are looking at - arm, leg, facial features, etc. Brent asked the sonographer how big he thinks he'll be, and he said typically they gain 1/2 lb per week at this point, so probably around 8 lbs (although Dr. Bailey said we'll get a more accurate guess at 36 weeks). My favorite part was to see him yawn! It was like he had just woken up or something! Anyway, I can tell he's going to be pretty cute :)
We got pictures but I don't have the capability to get them online, unfortunately. But, with only 10 weeks left we'll get to see him in real life soon anyway, and that beats any sonogram picture!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it the best seeing them...it makes it feel so real!
    At Izzy's 29 week appointment she was around 3 lbs....so she'll probably be about 7.5 to 8lbs!
    I'm glad you got to see your Little One!

    ReplyDelete